Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Raven


 


The Raven has been open for a couple months now and knowing it was a smokehouse I was very much looking forward to it.


I was sadly disappointed with the food.


We started with the nachos to share. These weren't bad, much bigger than you'll be used to. These nachos are noticably handmade, cut up totrilla wraps. Served with sour cream, salsa and guacamole they weren't bad but could have done with some more cheese.




Nachos
Side of Spicy Fries


For the mains, my friend had the half pulled pork and half ribs platter. The ribs were ok, put not as pull off the bone as you'd like and the pulled pork was overly sweet. With the pork here being served without a bun and that sweet not many people are going to finish all of it.
Pulled Pork & Rib Platter


The main I decided on was the three sliders. Chicken, pulled pork and beef. The pulled pork though too sweet was fine since  i got it on a bun and a crunch of lettuce. The chicken had been cooked too long and had crunch when you don't want crunch. Lastly was the beef slider, which I think had been forgotten about on the grill. One bite and it was like eating charcoal. 

Sliders

 We went for a pudding as I do love a dessert. I had the pecan pie, which smelt amazing but wasn't for me. My friend had the banana split, which had quite an artificial taste to the ice cream.

As you can see, I didn't enjoy the food and my friend was also disappointed. I wouldn't go back for food but the place is nice and relaxed and the service is good. Go in for a drink and a chill and somewhere else for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment