Wednesday 12 November 2014

Fall Food - Pumpkin Baking

In October seeing so many pumpkins made me want to bake with them. I had never even cooked a pumpkin never mind baked with one but I had a very strong urge for some pumpkin baking and wanted to test both a pumpkin and a can of puree.

Pumpkin, fresh from the oven
Sadly, I think I had the pumpkin in the oven too long and it dried out. Thankfully I had enough puree for both baking batches.
 
I got the recipies for both of these from one of my favourite youtubers Laura Vitale from Laura in the Kitchen, check her out here; http://www.laurainthekitchen.com

The first of the baking was Pumpkin Bread.
Pumpkin Bread

This turned out well. Nice soft centre with a slight crust to the outside but overall it was tasty. I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon or ginger but this was lovely. It had a slight gingerbread taste, just in loaf form, but it was milder. I think the sweetness of the pumpkin mellowed out the strong spices. I would recommend this to anyone even people that say they don't like cinnamon just because the taste of the spices is reduced significantly.

The bread was good cold but is better warm. I would really recommend this as nice breakfast treat.

Making Cream-cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Cupcake mixture

Next was the Pumpkin Cupcakes. I loved these. They came out with such a soft light sponge and again the taste of the spices was mellowed with the pumpkin. I really enjoyed these and had to make sure other people got some or I would have eaten them all.

 Pumpkin Cupcakes

The cheese cream frosting on top may have been a bit much due to how much I added but they were treats.

Pumpkin Cupcake
Halloween may be over but Thanksgiving is still to come so there is plenty of time to still bake with pumpkin.

Frosted Pumpkin Cupcake
I wonder what I can do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment