Saturday 20 September 2014

Wagamama


Who doesn't like Wagamama? I love Wagamama!

Ok, so you have probably guessed what this post is about. It's not necessarily a review more just a mention/chat about it as I was there not too long ago.

Malvasia Wine
For anyone who hasn't been, Wagamama is a Japanese style restaurant with great meals on offer. They have a selection of Ramen and Teppanyaki and Pad Tai ect.

I don't know anyone who has been to Wagamama and had a bad experience. I always enjoy my meals from there. They also happen to have my favourite wine.


We started with a drink, myself the Malvasia and my friend the Kirin Ichiban beer. Wine lovely, beer horrid, (but then I hate beer).

We each ordered a side, which I highly recommend as they are just as good as the main meals. I have a harder time choosing my side than the main dish.





Squid
My friend got the Chilli Squid and I got the Grilled Pork Bulgogi Wraps. My wraps were so tasty. They come so that you can build your own, personally I like that and the pork is soo tender. It's just something you need to order.
The squid, I don't like. If it was just the rings I'd be ok but when you can see a sucker, 'no thank you, I do not want to try that.'

Something to note about Wagamama, is that the food will arrive at different times, you'll get it when ever it's cooked. So like in our case you may get your main before your starter.


  
Yaki Udon

My main was my goto, Yaki Udon, which is udon noodles in curry oil with chicken, prawns, chikuwa, egg and various veg. If you like thicker noodles this is definitely one to try. The noodles are very big and soft and with that oil, so very good.




Katsu Curry


My friend got the Katsu curry, which although isn't actually very Japanese, is not bad for a curry (says the non curry fan).

Although Wagamama can be quite filling, the main meals are a decent size, we both ordered desert.





My friend got the Mix It Up Mochi Ice Cream plate. This is a combination of coconut, raspberry and Toasted sesame Ice cream. Each comes like a wee ball wrapped in rice. Sounds weird and it is weird. You don't really taste the rice, your ice cream just has a chewy outer coating.

I got The Three Mini Cakes. This consists of Passion-fruit cheesecake, white chocolate cheesecake and chocolate Fudge cake. I recommend trying a bite of each one together. A very nice combination.

As always it was a very nice dinner and I look forward to my next trip there.




No comments:

Post a Comment