Thursday 4 September 2014

Recent Baking Trials

I have done several baking rounds over the last couple weeks and to be fully honest they didn't all end well.

This is just going to be a post to note my current baking failures and see what I can learn from it and hopefully that may help one of you when your baking.


Vanilla Cupcake
Day 1

First I went back to basics and just did vanilla cupcakes. These turned out well before getting to the cream. They tasted lovely but the cream I may have left a bit to long mixing (whilst eating a cupcake).




                                               Day 2
Choc Chip Cupcake


The second attempt were Jumbo Choc Chip Cupcakes. I wouldn't really call them jumbo but they were bigger than others I've made recently. They tasted nice but were a little crispy on top. This was due to the oven being at too high a temperature.




Mini Lime Cupcake




Then there was the Lime Mini Cupcakes. These were lovely, I ate too many but they were just so nice in light and the icing wasn't too sweet due to the lime cutting through the sugar. These I will be experimenting with to get bigger cupcakes with the same light and zingy taste.



Day 3
Chocolate Cupcake
Being a fan of Fairycakes/Butterfly cakes as a kid I thought I'd try Chocolate and Orange butterfly cakes but these were doomed from the start. Where was the orange! I didn't put in enough coco powder! Once these where baked it was clear I hadn't mixed the flour well enough either. 
They were edible but not successful but to top it off I didn't have enough butter to make the icing to disguise them and by that time at night I didn't want to.




Fudgy Cupcake

Finally was the attempt of Fudge Cupcakes. Let's ignore these. This wasn't a night for baking.



Wish me luck for next weekend's baking.










No comments:

Post a Comment