Tuesday 6 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This blog took a bit of a break but it's back and I have a few posts over the next few days to get the year off to a good start.

Firstly, I would like to say everyone that I hope you had a great holiday recently and hope everyone had a good new year.

Last year, in regards to cooking and baking I wanted to do so much but didn't get around to doing very much. I read about things or watched how to do things  rather than actually trying it for myself. I guess it was a little bit of lacking faith in myself and thinking I could do anything but I want that to change.

There was one moment last year that I really thought it could change.

Last year there was one baking wish I really wanted to complete and I got the opportunity when my work place had a Bake-Off.

I entered the below cake:
Winter Theme Cake

For a while I had wanted to make a big cake but I had no reason to. When the bake-off came up, I agreed to do a simple cake but I got a bit carried away. I wanted to make a winter wonderland theme and I just went for it.

This is what we have to do. I had never made decorations for a cake before let alone something with such detail. I enjoyed every bit of making it though and the mistakes I made were good for learning.
Edible Pinecones

To make it better I won the bake-off and look forward to spending the voucher prize soon in the cook store.
Powdered Chocolate Truffles

If you want to do something give it a go. You'll never know what could happen until you try.

Bring on the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment